Ditch your meteocre microwaved oats for a piping hot bowl of apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. At first, the title might give you the feeling you’re about to do a whole lot more work making the same version of those brand named pre-packaged instant oats. One glance at the ingredients should easily change your mind; they go something like this: oats, walnuts, apples, and BOURBON barrel aged maple syrup. Yes, we said it, bourbon for breakfast. (no alcohol content)
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Enjoy a warm slice of baked oatmeal with tender apples, notes of cinnamon & vanilla, and finished with a touch of bourbon maple.
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup Apple (peeled & diced)
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and position oven rack in center.
- Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish. (cooking spray is okay here)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set and golden brown on top.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
- Use a variety of apple designed for baking: honey crisp, braeburn, mutsu, winesap, or pink lady.
- Rolled oats provide the best texture for this recipe however, quick cooking oats can be substituted.
- Top with a drizzle of warmed milk.