One pan recipes are my jam! These apple glazed pork chops may have a number of ingredients, yet it all comes together in one single pan.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit the disclosure page.
When setting out to make these glazed pork chops for dinner, selecting the proper pan is key. I highly recommend cooking them in a cast iron skillet. There are other pans out there that are oven safe, however you will never harm a cast iron skillet from taking it off the stove and placing it into the oven.
In the tips below, I mention adding apples to this dish. Thin slices apples, cooked with the onions, add the true apple texture to these apple glazed pork chops. Using a mildly sweet apple variety would be ideal. Two of the more common varieties recommended would be Honeycrisp or Golden Delicious.
To make this recipe completely refined sugar free, select an apple butter that contains no added sugar. Natural apple butters without added sugars will contain just apple ingredients and sometimes spices if you pick a spiced apple butter.
The maple syrup that finishes off this pork chop recipe is a must! Caramel apple barrel aged maple syrup sounds like an overly sweet, dessert like sauce but don’t let it fool you. Starting with 100% pure, grade A dark robust maple syrup, its aged in flavor packed caramel apple bourbon barrels. The result is nature’s candy with just the right amount of sweetness!
On nights when you’re searching for an easy one pan recipe, try out these glazed pork chops. They pair great with simple sides such as mash potatoes and green beans.
Apple Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops (thick cut)
- 6 slices Bacon (diced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Apple Butter (heaping)
- 1/2 tsp Sage (ground)
- 2 tbsp Caramel Apple Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Chop onions and dice raw bacon.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside. Reserve some of the bacon grease.
- Add onions to bacon grease. Caramelize until a nice golden brown color. Set onions aside.
- Brown pork chops for 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with apple cider vinegar. Add apple butter and sage. Cook until just boiling.
- Add bacon and onion to apple butter glaze. Mix well. Add pork chops making sure they have been coated with the glaze.
- Drizzle pork chops with caramel apple maple syrup.
- Bake pork chops in the oven for 6-7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F.
- Bourbon Maple Syrup or Apples & Cinnamon Maple Syrup are great substitutes for the Caramel Apple Maple Syrup here.
- If using thin cut pork chops, the bake time will need to be shortened.
- Add in cooked, thin sliced apples for heartier apple texture.
Tell us in the comments below: What’s your favorite pork chop recipe?
We love hearing and seeing how this recipe turned out for you. Share your alternations, additions, and photos with us! Send them here.