Bake the perfect holiday ham for your family and guests. This brown sugar & maple spiral ham recipe features a delightful twist on a time tested glaze. Substitute traditional maple syrup for the bourbon barrel aged variety and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Brown Sugar & Maple Spiral Ham
Bring your holiday dinner to life with a brown sugar and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup glazed ham!
- 4 lb Spiral Cut Ham
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place oven rack in the bottom position.
- Set ham in baking dish.
- Place maple syrup, butter, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and spices in sauce pan on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture becomes a smooth syrup.
- Remove from heat and set aside 1/3rd of the mixture for basting at the end.
- Coat ham with remaining syrup. Making sure to get it in between the spiral cuts.
- Cover ham with baking lid or loose foil.
- Bake until ham registers an internal temperature of 100 degrees F. (Approximately 10 minutes per pound.)
- Remove from oven and uncover to baste ham with pan juices and remaining mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F and return uncovered ham to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes or until glaze forms.
- Remove ham from oven and serve.
- Add pineapple tidbits to basting mixture.
- Rest ham 5-10 minutes prior to serving.